Marc Jacobs The Wild One is an eyeshadow palette that includes twenty colourful shades. This palette is a part of the new Eye-Conic Marc Jacobs eyeshadow collection that is well-known for its richness in pigment and blend-ability. Currently, it is a limited edition for the Holiday 2017 Collection. The eyeshadow in this palette has four different finishes such as velvet (matte), satin (shimmer), silk and lamé (metallic).
Each eyeshadow pan’ weight is 0.80g or 0.028oz. The cost of this palette is USD $99 or AUD $155 from Sephora or Marc Jacobs Beauty online.
Marc Jacobs The Wild One Shades Breakdown
- Paper Tiger is a matte banana shade that is perfect for a base or an all over the lid colour.
- Nine Lives is a matte nude mauve with a pink undertone, perfect for crease colour.
- Sheepish is a shimmer lilac pink that is gorgeous for inner corner of the eyes.
- Early Bird is a shimmer light golden colour that is also great for inner corner of the eyes and even as a highlight colour for the cheek bones.
- White Elephant is a matte white, perfect of brow bone highlight or a subtle highlight of the cheek bones and the tip of the nose.
- Nest Egg is a beautiful shimmer light olive-green.
- Lion’s Share is a gorgeous shimmer deep rose with silver sheen finish.
- Chameleon is a duo-chrome metallic reddish-brown with silvery purple sheen finish.
- Hen’s Party is a metallic light orange shade that is still wearable.
- Funny Bunny is a frosted metallic silver shade.
- Golden Fleece is a beautiful metallic rose gold shade with golden sheen.
- Cat Fight is shimmer burgundy red.
- Dog & Pony is a matte deep rose taupe. A great crease and under-eyes shade.
- Bull’s Eye is a matte deep crimson shade.
- Pea-cocky is a matte deep teal with blue grey undertone.
- Foxy! is a shimmer rich brown.
- Free Bird is a gorgeous metallic purple-blue shade.
- Bearish is a matte deep reddish-brown .
- Cat Call is a matte medium brown.
- Crow’s Nest is a semi-matte deep blue with silver specks of glitter and grey undertone.
All of these eyeshadow performed well on my eye-lids with eyeshadow primer. Most of them lasted for a good six hours. The only one that a little powdery and not as pigmented was White Elephant, the matte white shade.
Overall, I am pleased with this eyeshadow palette. Colour selection was great, it has all enough base, lid and crease shades. Formula was buttery smooth and pigmented. Price per pan for the amount of eyeshadow we are getting was decent. Packaging was sturdy although oversized and it also has a built-in large mirror.
The only minor thing that I thought could be improved was the design. I found the zebra pattern was not too elegant. I prefer the last year’s design which was a simple gold toned design. Sleek and elegant.
Hopefully you have found this review useful. Enjoy your day!
Ease of Application ♥♥♥♥
Click a retailer logo below when you shop online to help support Beauty Adorn. We earn commission on sales tracked from these links. Thank you!
BODYGUARD APOTHEKE KOREA skincare event 20%~50%off
J&J Petite Boutique