Kat Von D Shade and Light Glimmer Eyeshadow Palette is a permanent new addition to the Kat Von D eyeshadow palette collection, housed in a beautiful sturdy black-coloured plastic container with Kat Von D Eye written in holographic print and black shiny Shade + Light print written on the front cover. It costs USD $49 or AUD $65 for net weight 6 x 1g / 6 x 0.04oz, 3 x 1.5g/ 3.0.05oz, 3 x 2.2g/ 3.08oz.
The Light and Glimmer palette is inspired by their best-selling Shade and Light matte eye contour palette.
It has twelve eyeshadow in varying “glimmer” finishes, such as shimmering satin base colour, pearl-metallic contour shades, reflective glitter define shades and the special effect glimmer topcoat that adds light-catching dimension (almost holographic effect) upon application.
The topcoat shades are not as pigmented as the others and a little sheer, which is understandable as it can be used to transform the colour and finish of the other eyeshadow in the palette.
The layout of this eyeshadow palette is quite user-friendly as it is organised in neutral, warm toned and cool toned quads with three base colour in larger pan sizes.
Kat Von D Shade + Light Glimmer Shades
- Porcelain is a pearlized banana coloured base shade.
- Copper is a satin finish neutral brown crease colour with a slight grey undertone
- Bronze is a metallic rich brown with infused golden microglitter.
- Sterling is a duo-chrome neutral-undertoned crystal white topcoat with purple sheen infused with golden microglitter.
- Dusk is a pearlized cool mid-toned grey-brown base shade.
- Cinder is a satin finish deep brown with grey undertone.
- Onyx is a matte black infused with silver microglitter.
- Glacier is a beautiful cool-toned duo-chrome ice white topcoat with light blue sheen infused with holographic crystal microglitter
- Dune is a pearlized warm mid-toned terracotta base shade.
- Rust is a satin finish rich reddish-brown shade.
- Jasper is a metallic muted grey-brown infused with golden microglitter.
- Quartz is a rich metallic light peach topcoat infused with golden microglitter.
The brand described the Shade and Light Palette as “an artist’s truest expression of glitter”. Yes, I definitely agree with this statement. This palette is perfect for shimmer and glitter lovers.
We can build a look within the palette by layering different levels of “glimmer” to achieve eye-opening effects or pair it up with any matte shades that we have to round up an exquisite result each time.
The brand also claim that “each velvety powder is blendable and buildable”, which I feel is true only to a certain extent. On my eyelids, It is reasonably blendable but not really buildable as the glitter infused in the eyeshadow tend to separate themselves, causing quite a bit of fall-out if used without any primer. I could only build it up twice before getting quite a messy fall out.
I could create numerous natural looks with this palette. Paired-up with one or two shades jewel-toned eyeshadows that we already have, we could create endless number of looks.
Overall, this palette is a good buy if you are into shimmer and glitter. Otherwise, it is not a must-have palette that we can’t live without.
This palette is vegan and a cruelty free product.
Ease of Application ♥♥♥
Click a retailer logo below when you shop online to help support Beauty Adorn. We earn commission on sales tracked from these links. Thank you!
BODYGUARD APOTHEKE KOREA skincare event 20%~50%off
J&J Petite Boutique