Nars Love Game Eyeshadow Palette is a part of the 2017 collaboration collection with artist Man Ray, inspired by his muse Ady Fidelin. She was the first African-American model to be featured in a fashion magazine.
This palette has twelve new eyeshadow colours with the net weight of 12 x 1.5g or 12 x 0.05oz. There are varying textures and finishes such as matte, satin and metallic.
The packaging is beautiful and sturdy. The size of this palette is a little smaller and thinner in comparison to the Narsissist Loaded eyeshadow palette. It’s compact with a big mirror inside but brush is not included.
The Love Game Eyeshadow Palette is a limited edition and exclusive for non-US retailers. In Australia it’s available from Mecca Maxima or Mecca Online. It costs AUD $80 per palette.
The Shades in Love Game eyeshadow palette are:
- Ladykiller is a matte light beige that is perfect for base colour. The texture is a little dry and powdery but no fall-out upon application on my eyelids.
- Rendezvous is a medium beige with shimmer finish, great for highlighting inner corner of the eyes. Buttery and soft texture.
- Dominant is a matte light terracotta shade with orange undertone that is perfect for crease colour. Very pigmented, a little goes a long way with this shade.
- Submissive is a matte deep brown with warm grey-green undertone. This shade is great for accentuating the lash line and creating the depth in the outer corner of the eyes. It swatched a little patchy on my skin and on my eyelids even with primer on.
- Your Move is a matte medium mustard colour with brown-orange undertone. This shade is buildable and perfect for a natural crease colour.
- Hard to Get is a satin finish deep terracotta with a red undertone. This shade is more pigmented in comparison to the others. One swipe was all I need to get the perfect richness of colour that I wanted.
- Tryst is a light golden-yellow shade with a metallic finish. It has a buttery texture, soft to touch. This shade is a beautiful “pop of colour” for the lid. It can be used for to add shine underneath the eyes as well.
- Dirty Talk is a beautiful warm light champagne colour with metallic finish. It is perfect for highlighting inner corner of the eyes as well. Buttery and soft to touch.
- Long Game is a satin finish deep blue shade with purple undertone. This shade is great to create smoky eyes for night-time events or for special occasion. Another shade that was patchy upon application. It was quite challenging and time-consuming to blend this shade well.
- Blind Date is a satin finish deep burgundy shade that is perfect for an edgy and yet chic look. One of those shades that was disappointing as it was patchy upon application and takes time to blend out smoothly.
- Play Me is a medium bronze shade with a shimmer finish. Nicely pigmented and a great colour to create a natural smokey eyes. Very pigmented, light handed application is needed for this shade.
- Momentum is a deep emerald-green shade with a shimmer finish. This is a great colour to create an out of the ordinary smokey look. This shade is also a little patchy but not too bad and there were a little fall-out.
On my skin, these eyeshadow lasted for at least six hours and I was pleased with their performance. There are some shades that had minor fall-out and took a little more time blending them out. Some shades in this palette are in a drier side to the touch and some are buttery smooth.
The Nars Love Game Palette performed just okay in my opinion. It was not a must have palette as there were better eyeshadow palettes out there around similar price mark.
Ease of Application ♥♥♥
Click a retailer logo below when you shop online to help support Beauty Adorn. We earn commission on sales tracked from these links. Thank you!
BODYGUARD APOTHEKE KOREA skincare event 20%~50%off
J&J Petite Boutique