Today I am inspired to share my tips on waterproof makeup for rainy days as it has rained all day long in my city. It requires a different makeup application technique and it also requires a different set of products. The worst thing that could happen is to have a smudged eyeliner or mascara and a “misbehaving” face product because of the rain.
Always use waterproof products even if it may be more difficult to wash it off later on.
Use pencil or crayon type eyeshadow as it is mostly made from wax and stays put after it dries as well as being waterproof.
Use a little concealer to cover imperfection and the least amount of foundation or just as required, followed by two application of translucent powder all over the face.
Concealer is generally thicker in consistency in comparison to foundation and more pigmented, a little goes a long way, hence it is less likely to smudge or transfer.
For lip colour, there are variety of long wearing lipstick type. My suggestion is to use the lip tint. I found the lip tint stays better on lips and it stays longer than the average lipstick even after eating some food.
Another advantage is that can be layered with a different colour to create gradient lip colour that is the trend now, as it is thinner in consistency than the normal cream lipstick that can feel heavy on the lips as we re-apply.
A great lip colour application technique is to apply the lip tint once, wait to dry, blot and re-apply and then blot again.
It is usually a good idea to use a little concealer before applying any type of lip colour as it will bring out its true colour and at the same time prime lips for a smoother application and prevent it creasing into the lip’s lines throughout the day.
Use lip tint as cheek tint or a blush. This is a great way to have more use of our existing products.
It is better to apply cheek tint once at a time and make sure we blend it right away as the tints tend to dries up and settle on the skin faster. Always start the application a little at a time and then gradually we can build the colour up to the intensity that we desired.
Use a setting spray to finish our makeup application as this will extend the longevity of our makeup. To apply, hold the spray bottle at least an arm’s length away and spray in a “T” or “X” direction across the face.
Waterproof Product RECOMMENDATION
These products below are the ones that I use and they have performed well on my dry and sensitive skin.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination in the shade Light
- Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX05
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF 50+ Cream in the shade Medium
- RCMA No Colour Powder
- Skin Food Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Matte Waterproof Bronzer
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in number 20
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Matic Waterproof Glide-On Eyeshadow
- Zoeva Graphic Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner
- MacQueen Waterproof Pen Eyeliner
- Urban Decay Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara
- Benefit Lip and Cheek Tint in Benetint, Lollitint, Cha Cha Tint, Posie Tint
- Banila Co. Two Kisses Dual Tint in 02
- Skindinavia The Makeup Finishing Spray in Bridal
Hopefully you will find these tips useful and enjoy your day!