Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette is a limited edition collection of fourteen shades that features full pigment shadows with variety finishes such as matte, shimmer, duochrome and metallic. This palette costs USD $42 or AUD $55 and it is available from Sephora or Anastasia Beverly HIlls Online.
The packaging is made of a sturdy cardboard with black velvet fabric with Anastasia Beverly Hills logo embossed in gold as well as a geometric design of a prism and the name of the palette also embossed in gold. Inside you will find a mirror and a double ended brush. Although it felt sturdy, I don’t recommend travelling with this palette based on my experience, one of the pans was loose somehow when travelled with it but luckily the eyeshadow didn’t break! Another concern that I have with the packaging is that it get dirty very easily.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette Shades
Lucid is a duochrome white gold with pink shimmer
Eden is an ultra-matte coral pink
Unity is an ultra-matte nude ochre
Sphinx is a metallic warm bronze
Osiris is a duochrome midnight violet with red shimmer
Sphere is an ultra-matte electric green yellow
Obsidian is an ultra-matte deep black
Dimension is a duo chrome silver-grey with pink shimmer
Parallel is an ultra-matte truffle
Pyramid is a metallic yellow gold with green shimmer
Throne is a duo chrome blackened blue-green with multicolor shimmer
Saturn is an ultra-matte terracotta
Eternal is a metallic violet copper
Lure is an ultra-matte ashy lilac shade.
Recommended Technique for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette
1. It is best to apply the metallic shades using a setting spray and a natural fiber brush.
2. I think it is best to use a small, flat brush when applying on the eyelids. Small flat brushes will deposit sufficient shadow and ensures maximum pay off without excess fall out.
3. Always remember to dip a clean brush onto the pan gently and to tap off your brush before applying onto the eyelids to avoid falls-out.
1. For the matte shades, it is recommended to use a denser brush to apply and fluffy brushes to blend these shadows.
2. Again, dip into the pan with a clean brush lightly and tap-off any excess pigments before applying onto the eyelids. This palette is formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates.
Overall, this palette is a little bit of hit and miss for me. There are some gorgeous shades in the palette that do not perform well in comparison to others. The matte black shade, Obsidian, is a little hard to blend and did not deliver the result that I expected. This shade probably is the one that I had most problem with. It is unfortunate since the black shade is supposed to be the most versatile and can be used for deepening or altering the shades of the other colours in the palette. Because of this, I tend to pick up a different matte black from my collection to use alongside the colours in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Prism Palette. On the other hand, Longevity and pigmentation are great throughout, nothing to complain about.
If you are a makeup collector then this palette is still worth picking up since the variety of colours in here is just stunning! But if you are not, there are other palette in the current market that out-perform this palette.
Ease of Application ♥♥♥