In Bridal Makeup Chapter Three, we are going to explore the choice of hiring a professional makeup artist to do our bridal makeup or Do It Yourself (DIY) bridal makeup will be the way to go.
Hiring Makeup Artist
Hiring a professional makeup artist may seem to be the way to go in the first instant but there are some pros and cons that you need to consider.
- A good makeup artist will provide the best service and makeup quality that suits your makeup style.
- A good makeup artist will be able to give you the best recommendation on makeup style that will look best on you (if you need an advice) and to have your makeup lasts all day.
- In most circumstances, you don’t need to worry about your makeup on your wedding day since it is all been taken care of.
- You don’t need to spend extra money on makeup products, especially if you find it difficult to have the right foundation that matches your skin tone and skin type, or if you find it challenging to find the right colour combination for your eyes, cheek and lips.
- Finding the right makeup artist that understands your needs and be able to create a bridal look that suits your style, can be a challenge. It is best to have a couple of makeup trials with a few different makeup artists before your wedding day.
- Most professional makeup artists need to be booked in way ahead in time. Sometimes even nine months to one year before your wedding day.
- It costs around AUD$100/ person to hire a makeup artist. Popular makeup artist can charge way more than this amount. Depending on your budget, it can be costly to hire a makeup artist.
- You still need to think about the worst case scenarios such as if your makeup artist is sick and could not find a replacement for your wedding day or if the traffic is bad and your makeup artist come in late. What will you do if these unforeseen circumstances happen on your wedding day?
DIY Bridal Makeup
This option can be a back-up plan if unforeseen circumstance happens on your wedding day that prevent your makeup artist to arrive on-time or if your makeup artist is unable to offer his/ her services on that day.
- You have the freedom to choose your own makeup style and makeup products.
- You have the freedom on the day to decide when is the right time to get ready.
- It is more cost efficient.
- You will have more privacy on your wedding day to spend time with family and friends and more time to prepare yourself for your big day undistracted.
- You will need to decide on what bridal makeup style that you want ahead of time to be able to practice and produce the best result. Give yourself plenty of time to do this.
- You will need to bring the makeup products to your hotel suite or wherever you need to get ready in the morning of your wedding day. It can be heavy and inconvenient for you.
- If you are not sure about creating colour combination that suits you then you will need to do some research beforehand and do makeup trials at home. This process can be time-consuming and costly, depending on the products that you have chosen.
Hopefully you found this article helpful for you. Thanks for reading!